VOGUE - MAGAZINE

As part of my research for the Don't Panic brief, I decided to look at Vogue magazine. I would say 99.9% of people would think of the magazine when the word vogue was said. It is iconic.


"Vogue is a fashion and lifestyle magazine that is published in 18 countries + Latin America by Condé Nast Publications. Each month, Vogue publishes a magazine addressing topics of fashion, life and design."


On Vogue's website there is a section where you can browse their cover archive since 1916. To get a good idea, or at least a better idea of Vogue's cover design and layout is like, I searched through the archive. It was a good way to see their individual style change and adapt over the years. I mean their designs aren't exactly ground breaking but it is that general layout and typical magazine style that can be associated directly with Vogue.


The cover no doubt will always have a woman on the front, and sometimes accompanied by man. This is obvious as to why, it is addressing females and instantly glamorising and showing what in particluar is 'vogue' this month.


Always with their well known typeface of 'VOGUE' on the front cover in the same place every issue. Followed by pretty much one main heading, with smaller typed paragraphs around the edges. Something that could be played upon in my designs, but wouldn't want to create a poster, too literal on the magazine. 


Research on the magazine isn't entirely relevant to what I am going to take forward as designs, I would say at the moment, but it is important I think to know about the magazine. After all the magazine is iconic and known internationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment