KARSTEN SCHMIDT - TOXI

Karsten Schmidt known as Toxi, is a designer from London, and has done numerous design including digital concept and design of installations.
I was on Printmag.com when I saw the front cover of a previous edition, i thought it looked really interesting, but on the actual website I couldn't see much about the actual piece.
I managed to find more information about this type sculpture, he used the 'Gray-Scott' reaction diffusion model in a processing sketch to generate a 3D typographical model. That 3D file was then printed with a 3D printer and photographed for the cover. I found it all quite hard to actually work out what was done, as I don't really know the processes or how to even start with the sketch up. This is probably why I find this so interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Niall, thanks a lot for posting this! :) You might find this description more revealing than what they've included on Printmag: http://pspctclr.com/printmag

    ReplyDelete